Health and safety measures regarding COVID-19
The safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority. The Ghibli Museum, Mitaka will continue to operate with the utmost care to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and ask for your understanding and cooperation with the following preventive measures.
Request to Visitors
Please make your own decision on whether to wear a mask.
Please keep hands clean by using the hand washing facilities and hand sanitizers available on the premise.
Temperature screenings will be conducted before admission. Please refrain from coming to the museum if feeling unwell.
- Visitors with a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or above, or cold-like symptoms, will be asked to refrain from entering the museum.
- Those who feel unwell, or have had contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 are asked to refrain from coming to the museum.
- Entry to the exhibition rooms and museum shops may be restricted within safe capacity limits. When waiting in line, please cooperate to maintain distance between each other.
- Please bring your own handkerchief as paper towels are not provided in the wash rooms.
* The museum may be closed at short notice in alignment with the Mitaka city's public health policy.
* Please note that operating hours may be shortened or some services may be changed without prior notice.
* Please make sure to check the museum's official website prior to your visit.
Operational Guidelines for Preventing COVID-19 Infection in the Museum
The Cat Bus Room
The number of children entering the room at the same time is limited to a small number.
The cat bus is sanitized regulary with alcohol disinfectant. Please direct any concerns to the staff if your child is sensitive to alcohol.
* As a prevention measure, the room may be closed without notice.
Museum shops and exhibition rooms, etc.
Entry may be restricted during busy times.